Saturday, August 3, 2013

Drop-Waist---50s Style

Lately, I have been in love with the 1950s "drop-waist" style.


These are two which display the basic silhouette where the waist is accentuated, while the flow of the dress doesn't start until the hips, where it is fitted around the waist until if flows out. I rather like this look and would like to make some in the future.
1950s Junior Misses Summer Party Dress, Jumper and Jacket Vintage Sewing Pattern, Drop Waist, Pleated Skirt Simplicity 1077 bust 31" uncut
1950s Dress Pattern Simplicity 1042 Full Skirt Drop Waist Day or Evening Dress Detachable Collar and Cuffs Vintage Sewing Pattern Bust 30
1950s Evening Dress Pattern McCalls 3185 Sleeveless Drop Waist Evening Gown Full Skirt Back Button Bodice Vintage Sewing Pattern Bust 32
Vintage Simplicity 1867 Sewing Pattern, 1950s Dress Pattern, 1950s Coat Pattern, Bust 34 Inches, Vintage Size 14
See there are many different styles, scalloped, straight or from either side. I can't wait to design one of my  own. Here is the pattern I own already.
1950s  Party Dress,Simplicity 1555 Size 12
Pretty Adorable! In a Week I plan to cut out my bodice and start sewing!

1 comment:

  1. I really like the last two patterns. They are all very pretty dresses. I need something to wear to a wedding in October. What do you recommend?

    ReplyDelete