Wednesday, July 31, 2013

I'm Back

Houston was not really my cup of tea, and long-story short, I am glad to be home! However, I have come down with a little cold, so I am going to hold off on the sewing and rest for a bit. Lately I have been wanting something in my closet which I can wear in summer, looks vintage but easy to wear and is cute. What better fits this description than a 1960s shift dress! Here are some of my inspirations:
1960s Blue ShiftVintage 1960s Shift Dress Sewing Pattern by allthepreciousthings, $7.00
I like this style, with the cute puckers,not sure about the hair though. I like the dressy version too.
1960s Shifts
Look at these cute little London ladies, and their wool shifts! Love the little belt as well.
1960s Shifts

1960s Dress Pattern Butterick 3465 Mod Yoked Shift by paneenjerez, $10.00
Of course, I already have a huge pile to tbs (to be sewn) projects, so maybe I can make one out of wool for winter. Soon, I plan on altering some of my grandmothers old clothes she gave me to fit me. Pictures to come! but for now, here is a brief description of the two dresses I am going to alter. One is a yellow organza dress from the early 60s which my grandmother wore to her wedding rehearsal. The other is an old one maybe the 1940s or 1950s which has white and periwinkle stripes with lace around the hem and a matching bolero jacket with pearl buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment