Saturday, July 6, 2013

The River of No Return

I recently watched The River of No Return with Marilyn Monroe. 
What did I think of it? Well, I hate to be a hater but, I thought it didn't have much of a plot and was just a bunch of scenes of Marilyn in a showgirl costume or in just a blanket.

Marilyn is a good actor, but unfortunately this film didn't show that it just gave her a type casted role as the attractive blond. And she wore a hair piece, which was distracting for me because it clearly wasn't her real hair. Marilyn later stated that it was her least favorite film because they had to do all their stunts themselves. For those of you who haven't seen it, a lot of filming takes place on a raft in the river. Marilyn said she almost drowned at one point when her boots filled with water and, another time when the raft hit rocks. But all things considered I enjoyed Marilyn's singing, and her lovely costumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment