Saturday, June 15, 2013

Snood

Hey everyone, school is officially over! I am glad I can now focus on what I love,sewing. Anyways, I'm here to talk about the snood. What is the snood? Well, it's a great 1940s accessory, like a hair net. Here is what they look like:
I haven't actually bought one yet,but I think I might. I curl my hair every night, and if it's raining my hair goes completely flat, so if I had a snood I could just pop it on and it would be cool but also cover my bad hair. I found a place where they sell some, here is the link: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtheliasAttic?ref=pr_faveshops she hand knits these out of rabbit hair or nice yarn. They come in a variety of styles and colors.
Vintage Retro Pinup Hair Snood in Buttercup Yellow Crocheted from  1940's DesignThe Vintage Bunny Hair Snood in Sky Blue Mohair Crocheted from 1940's Design  Retro PinupVintage Retro Pinup Ribbon Tie Hair Snood  Crocheted from  1940's Design
Just one other accessory which can really help you create a 1940s look while keeping your hair dry, or out of the way. I'll let you know if I get one!


No comments:

Post a Comment